Thursday, October 27, 2005

Wow, they had it even worse than I did!

I was amazed this morning to read a little about the grand jury hearing the CIA leak investigation. Earlier this year, I finished serving on a 18-month federal grand jury (which was extended to 20 months) which met once a week. But the CIA grand jury has already served 24 months and meets twice a week! I thought I had it bad. Then again, I usually read the newspaper because my grand jury was so boring. I would have been a lot more excited to drive to the federal court in Greenbelt if Karl Rove, Scooter Libby, Judy Miller and Tim Russert had been testifying.....

A couple other notes: Many liberals are saying the withdrawal of Harriet Miers shows that the "far right" has won and controls Bush, etc. I'm not sure exactly who the "far right" is, but any definition has got to include a guy like James Dobson, and he was in favor of the nomination, wasn't he? The most outspoken against this nomination were people like Bill Kristol, George Will, Charles Krauthammer and David Frum, people who are certainly strong conservatives ideologically, but pretty mainstream on the right.

Oh, and nice job, Fox and MLB. You topped yourself last night by starting Game 4 of the World Series at 8:41, so you could show us the "Latino Legends" team and lots of commercials. (I have nothing against the Latino Legends team, but should a "legends" team be mostly made of people still playing, many still in the prime of their careers? Is it really that exciting to see Pedro Martinez and Alex Rodriguez introduced? We just saw them playing a couple weeks ago.) So the game last night didn't end until midnight, when many on the East Coast had likely gone to bed. If they had started the game at 8:10, maybe people would have stayed up until 11:30. But I'm sure those baseball owners know what they're doing...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post Fingerman! You're dead-on about basebald and the whole Harriet Miers deal.

Rock on...John

10/28/05, 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home