Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Some contenders out of the heartland?

Once again, some random thoughts on the Omaha auditions:

So the first guy started off by saying that being on American Idol was a "life-alternating" moment. I can't make a joke funnier that that.

I have a feeling the guy that forgot the words will forget the words at some point in Hollywood.

Randy is correct--why do so many country-style auditioners sound like they're yodeling? I'm not sure that auditioners was all that good, but she did look like a blond Julia Roberts--or Julia Roberts in "Charlie Wilson's War." (Actually, come to think of it, the better, age-appropriate comparison is she looked like Julia Roberts when she wears the blond wig as the hooker in "Pretty Woman.")

Blond Julia Roberts may not be a contender, but I think Samantha Sidley may be. Cool voice and adorable.

As for Angelica and her dad and that emotional story--having watched American Idol for seven years, I'm sure there's probably much more to that story than they're telling us and it won't seem as touching (I really hope not, but it always seems to happen that way.) Even so, I'm a sucker and they manipulated me into choking up a little.

Finally, I really liked that guy at the end--but I was too lazy to write his name down and I already deleted the show from my DVR. I guess that means I need to work harder the next couple weeks, making sure I'm in peak blogging condition for when the final 24 gets underway in late February. And I was distracted by election coverage. I'm actually an MSNBC guy, but could someone answer this question for me about CNN? Why can't they get Wolf Blitzer a chair. Why is he always standing? Do they at least have a stool for him at commercials?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really got choked up at the Angelica stuff? And I thought I was a sentimental sap.

I thought this ep was really entertaining. Paula's odd behavior made me laugh the whole way through.

And right on about Samantha Sidley. Ding ding ding!

1/30/08, 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly you have never stood next to Wolf. Huge ego. Little man. He's tiny! A chair would dwarf him and we couldn't have that happpen now could we?!

2/4/08, 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xp repair pro -
yeast infection no more -
2ip hosting -
10 minute forex wealth builder -
30 minute back links -
500 love making tips -
acid alkaline diet -
advanced defrag -
affiliate jackpot -
anti spyware -
art of approaching -
battery reconditioning -
blogging to the bank -
burnthefat -
burn the fat -
carb rotation diet -
carp evolution -
cb bonus domination -
combat the fat -
content website builder -
conversationalhypnosis -
conversational hypnosis -
cure angular cheilitis -
cure morning sickness -
dirty talking guide -
driver robot -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy launcher -
easy system cleaner -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
error smart -
evidence eraser -

4/22/10, 2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home