Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wasting an hour of network television

I'm stunned--not by the totally unsurprising ouster of LaKisha on American Idol tonight, but by the unbelievable amount of filler on tonight's show. I mean, I like Jessica Alba too, but that Fantastic Four commercial during the show was just pathetic. The whole show was so lackluster I don't even feel like blogging about it. (As for Barry Gibb, I think he sounded better with his brothers.)

The only interesting thing tonight was near the end, when Ryan solicited entries in some kind of best undiscovered band contest? The networks announce their new fall schedules next week--is this a new version of Idol for the fall, just with bands instead of solo singers? I really hope not. The thing that has kept Idol so popular for the last few years is the 7-8 month break we get in between seasons, leaving us saturated with the show at the end of May and hungry again after the first of the year. Creating a "Band Idol" would completely ruin that. Please don't, Fox and AI. I guess we'll see next week. Fingerhut out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm dissapointed. Not a single comment about Barry's see-through shirt? I mean..c'mon. Ew.

5/10/07, 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the shirt was really scary. My husband and I were dumbstruck. Really thought you would have said something about it.

Well, I am with you. What a waste of time. They should have taken the 1/2 hr., yada yada yada for a bit, and then sent LaKisha home. They could have shown a reeat of Family Guy.

See ya next week.

5/10/07, 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home